Monday, November 11, 2019

New Home! San Francisco.

Well family, friends, strangers... I am starting back up the blog.

It's been four years since I came home from my mission, but now I am back on the adventure hype, because, I MOVED TO SAN FRANCISCO!

Yes, it is the most expensive city to live in the United States, there's lots of homeless people, and no there is nowhere to park, but hey, it's home now! It's also the biggest room I have ever had, the food here is to die for, and the city is absolutely gorgeous.

Everyone so far has been like, girl, how did you end up there?

Well, let me tell you the story.

I have been toying with moving to a big city for awhile. I work in Finance, and Finance and big cities kind of just go together. After traveling a bunch of Europe I have fallen in love with cities and their museums, food, murals, subways... ya know, all that good stuff. I had been thinking of going to Boston, but I wasn't sure it was a good fit for my happy go luck attitude. So about a month ago I came out to San Francisco... and boom was I IN LOVE. Big city, nice enough peeps, parks (like woodsy parks), public transportation, lots to do, lots of food to eat, basically everything I love in love. Well, I went home, back to my Finance job, and two days later I went onto the career website and BAM there was a job for me in San Francisco to apply to. So I was nervous as I can get out about it, but my girl Kelly was like just email them and see what happens... so two and a half weeks later after a harmless email and four interviews I got my offer.

Much to everyone's surprise I was like yeah I am going to go! No apartment, no family, one friend who is about to leave, I decided this was the path for me. Thanks to Facebook and the ward family, I found an awesome place to live, and I am now one week in to the big San Francisco life.

Now, I am not going to say everything has gone perfectly.

My bed never showed up, then it did a week later after I had been refunded and bought a different one, I definitely have been homesick and missing the babies, the rock climbing gym is farther than I'd like, and I have taken more than one wrong bus. But hey, I am still alive, and everything has been okay. Plus, the view from the Finance office is to die for. I might put a video up later because it is GORGEOUS.

But back to more serious things, sometimes in life we have to take the road less traveled. It's a little thorny, but you know it's the one that you have to take. I love poetry, and my latest love is Atticus Poetry, and as he says,

"The trick to life
is to have the courage
to walk down the path
that's lit up in your heart."

So here we go.

San Francisco, you have my heart now!


Katiemarie

💛


The Palace of Fine Arts


Golden Gate Bridge



The View from the Office


Me: Basically bawling when mama bear left 




No comments:

Post a Comment