Friday, February 20, 2015

February 2nd

This week started out with ... sickness. The thing that is great here is that I have thrown up so many times that I am really starting to be a professional. Luckily after a few days I was back to normal and ready to work like a horse :D
Two amazing things happened this week. 
1. I got to go back to my beloved Campana and see the amazing Familia Huezo! It was awesome because they completed one year being baptized two days before I got to see them. It was so so so great seeing them again and we talked about some serious goals so that they can go to the temple and be sealed as a family. Marco who was also baptized came by to come see me. He is now a counselor in the Young mens. Jose also came by to see me, and I was so shocked since he is so much bigger now! I also saw my favorite friend Sergio... still hanging out underneath the same tree. I wanted to cry seeing all of them again! Definately the most amazing thing ever. Everyone is one year bigger. The babies that I knew are now walking, the pre adolescents have lost all of their baby fat and are tall, and the adults... well they still look the same haha. Just a few more grey hairs. 
2. The baptism of Eduardo. Eduardo was so excited to get baptized, and everything went smoothly for his baptism. He was so sweet in his testimony he said how happy he was to be baptized with a huge smile on his face and how happy he was that we had gone to visit him. It was so beautiful.
We have also been having some challenges with other families as Satan has been working hard to keep them from coming to church and confusing them. I feel like the more time I have on the mission the more complicated the challenges and questions are! The good thing is, is that the Spirit is with us always to help us and guide us.
I love Honduras. I love the people here. The mission is the best thing EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and it is so sad that my time is going by fast. For all those starting the mission... don´t waste not even one day! Because it is one day you have lost to help the precious children of God, your brothers and sisters.
On random news, today I learned that a bus driver will never drive the bus that he owns because it is dangerous since someone is more likely to know his bus, and him, and kill him. What did I learn? Bus drivers are dangerous... wait... I already knew that. I feel like in the States people always say if you feel unsafe sit closer to the bus driver. Here..if I feel unsafe I move farther away from the bus driver. Speaking of bus drivers, last week a bus driver and his helper were killed. Mmmmm.... I am glad that Heavenly Father always sends angels to protect the missionaries.
This week I also got to read the awesome books of John. I love John! I think he is my favorite past apostle. He writes so beautifully, in English and in Spanish :) My favorite scripture I read this week was in 1 John 4
 7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
Truly, God is love. 

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment