Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?

Well ladies and gentleman I have officially had another cambio...
bum bum bum

I am back in Santa Rosa de Copan! My first area. Shocker! I know. I was shocked too. Well, a little. The Mission President said I might go back, and here I am. There isn´t much yet to say about my area and who we are teaching since, well, I don´t know them too well yet. On Monday night I packed up my bags and Tuesday I said my goodbyes. Luckily I didn´t cry, I was close a couple of times, but I made it. I had an amazing five months in Campana, and I will always love it there.

Yesterday I stumbles upon Romans 8. Wow! What a powerful chapter. It absolutely amazed me.
I loved starting in verse 15, it says:
¨...whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth awitness with our bspirit, that we are the cchildren of God:
17 An d if chil  d ren, then heirs; aheirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we bsuffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
 
18 For I reckon that the asufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the bglory which shall be revealed cin us.¨¨
God is our loving father. He knows us perfectly! The Spirit should testify to every single one of us that we are children of God. And I love what it says afterwards, ¨if children, then heirs.¨ We are heirs of God. We have the potential to become so much, to become like God even. We can receive everything that Jesus Christ has received, but only if we suffer with him. Only if we submit our will to God´s will and do as he would have us do. Only if we yoke ourselves to Christ and pull with him. 
I love verse 18 too, that our sufferings, our challenges, our hardships right now will not even compare to the glory we will have. The glory which will be revealed in us. The glory that we will one day have.
In verse 28 it continues, ¨
 28 And we know that all things work together for agood to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
I know all things will work together for our good. I know this with my whole heart, and I know that every one of us are called according to his purpose to help others, to mourn with those who mourn, to comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to be witnesses of God at all times, and in all things, and in all places. 
and finally at the end of the chapter it talks more of the love of God, oh so beautifully . It says
 35 Who shall separate us from the alove of Christ? shall btribulation, or distress, or cpersecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are akilled all the day long; we are accounted as bsheep for the slaughter.
 37 Nay, in all these things we are amore than bconquerors through him that loved us.
 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to aseparate us from the blove of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I love the imagery. I know God is our loving Heavenly Father and he loves each and every one of us. I know that when Nephi and Lehi ate the fruit which was white, and more diserable than anything else, it was the love of God. Because when we feel the love of God, we want to be better, we want to do more, and we want to rise a little higher. I love God, because as it says in 1 John 4:19, because he first loved me. He gave his all for me, and I want to do my part and give my all for him. I love my father, and my savior, more than anything else in this world. They are my everything, and I just want to be better because of them, and because of their love. I know Jesus Christ died for me, because he loved me, and he wanted to suffer so that he would know how to help me. Even when it was hard, even when he asked God to pass the bitter cup, he did it, he drank it, and he came out conquerer. And why did he do it? Because he loved his father.
I know understand why charity is the greatest of all gifts, because it is the pure love of Christ, which love changes nations.
I love you all and hope you are having a lovely May! 

No comments:

Post a Comment