Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Giving our life to God, and loving him above all else

Well!!
I hit my last changes. 
I am in my last area, with my probably pen ultimate change. So sad.
My new area is all of five minute bus ride from my old area! Crazy right? I get to go grocery shopping at the same place and sometimes see the same people. Now I am just closer to the city and closer to the danger... bum bum bum. No it really is quite calm here :)
My new companion is super awesome. She is from Dominic Republic and she came to the country with me! We have the same time in the field, just that I will go home a change earlier for my time in the mtc. 
I am super excited though because I get to go on divisions and I get to go back to my old areas of El Bosque and Campana! Just Santa Rosa will be left out. But I am super stoked. 
Yesterday was super weird as I entered the sacrament meeting and it was chuck full of people! I have to say 9 months in branches gets you shell shocked seeing a real ward. Our area is also HUGE! Gigantic. So that is super great. We have the richest of the rich and the poorest of the poor in our area. In one part there are the biggest houses in Honduras, and in the other part is the bordo, which is where the people that have nothing live. I will have to send you a picture. It is pretty crazy this area. 
We also live with another companionship, so it is super fun getting to live with two more missionaries! I have also been called, and set apart, as official hair stylist of buns and braids in the house haha. 

This week has been full of meeting new people. We have met some pretty awesome people. We are also teaching a bunch of great people so we are super happy. 

Yesterday we had the best relief society lesson in the world! It was so so great. I do not know if all you had lesson one out of the new Ezra Taft Benson manual but it is amazing. It is called "The Great Commandment, love the Lord" I even read it last night before falling asleep and I re read it this morning. It is so great! It talks about how the most important thing that we will ever do is serve the Lord. We should always put him in first priority. We should put him before work, school, husband, or children. We should put him before everyone and everything in our lives. 
In the manual it gives the example of Jospeh of Egypt, and how he gave up everything for God. He gave up his job, his status... everything to be obedient to God and not be with Potipher's wife. I love it because it asks us the questions how much do we really love God? Do we really put him first in our lives? What are we willing to sacrifice for him? 
Because if we give our all to God, he will do amazing things with our lives. 
I love at the end President Benson gives this quote>  

Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life.

I think President Benson sums it all up beautifully. God can do more with our lives than we can ever do with our lives. Why not give it all to him?


The great test of life is obedience to God.
The great task of life is to learn the will of the Lord and then do it.
The great commandment of life is, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength” (Mark 12:30).
We also had an awesome meeting with President Dester, and he talked about how we should study more of Chapter 6 in Preach my Gospel in the attributes of Christ, because if we truly want to be disciples of Jesus Christ, we need to have his attributes. There is also an awesome quote in preach my gospel that says becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ is action for action, decision for decision. Becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ, and putting him above all else, is our quest for our entire lives. 

I love you all so much! 

PHOTO Hermana Lopez and I. We both had big buns yesterday! Just that you can't see my big bun. 

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment