Friday, October 3, 2014

Birthday, Boda, and Baptism!

So this week has been pretty crazy, but pretty awesome too.
On Wednesday we went to San Pedro to hear from Elder Alonso. Going to San Pedro is always a beautiful, painful adventure. The bus ride is horrible 3 and a half hours, but it is always super fun at the same time. There is always usually someone who throws up... luckily it has never been me! Elder Alonso was super awesome and talked about what we can do as missionaries. Something that I liked a lot was that we should be asking everyone if they have friends, family, or neighbours that we can visit to share more about Jesus Christ. I also liked a lot that he said very rarely will we baptize the reference, but in the mean time we will find someone else who is prepared while looking for them. 
My companion was sick so we were in the house (super boring) and in the night we had coorelacion (where you meet with the Mission Leader?) anyways it was literally raining cats and dogs so we went to search for a taxi. My companion told me, well Hermano *** isn´t at the church yet, so we are going to wait for him in the apartment of the other hermanas, since they live across the street from the church. So we went up to their apartment, and boom... fiesta!! Yes, they had thrown me a surprise  party, and I had no idea. But it was super great. We ate cake and chips and guacamole. Plus, there was candles (super surprise!!) so I actually got to make a wish! So it was all super great. And my package came!! So I got to eat black licorice and wear new shirts :D score!

Friday, was the big day for the wedding and the baptism! Satan also knew what an important day it was.. because he put HUGE obstacles in our way. Luckily, we had God on our side to help us out. First off, our district leader had changes of emergency, and on Friday the Zone Leaders were in San Pedro... so there was literally no one to do the interview! ahhh. So after a bunch of phone calls the AP´s approve that another Elder could do the interview. Check. Well we went there and Jose had just left to get his haircut! Ahhhh noooooooooo... but we called him and he came back so that was good. Afterwards we went to lunch, and after lunch we went to the municipalidad for the wedding. Really, it was kinda boring in the municipalidad, but Nora looked absolutely beautiful and Jose looked super sharp as well. Afterwards we went to the church for cake and to play some games with the family before the baptism.
Well, then it was time for the baptism... and guess what... there wasn´t enough water again!!! So we were hauling in buckets of dirty water from outside for thirty minutes. Yep. It was pretty great. Also, the pants we had from the Elder were way too big for Jose! And we had no other pants... then somehow there was other pants. Then there weren´t witnesses. We were ready to use our mujerdocio (mujer= woman sacerdocio= priesthood. Mujerdocio = women priesthood), but then realized that was apostasy and we should really call someone to come be the witnesses. The Elders came... and then five minutes later two men finally showed up from the branch (which was good since the Elder had an activity). 
So, finally at 6:00 we were ready to start the baptism (an hour late...) The baptism was beautiful. Even in water that wasn´t quite clean... it was beautiful. Afterwards they both shared a few remarks that definately touched my heart. Fabiola also spoke. Fabiola and Nora and Jose thanked us in their talks.. and it made me realize how lucky I am to get to help people come unto Christ. Because really, I hadn´t done anything.. rather God had given me this grand opportunity to be his hands here in Santa Rosa, and how grateful I am for the opportunity. Sunday they were given the gift of the Holy Ghost... and I have to say there blessings were absolutely awesome. They are definately very special children of God. 

On Sunday, one of our investigators that we hadn´t expected to come showed up! His name is Elder, and he is super crazy awesome. He is so intelligent. He is the first investigator I have had (well, second, Marco Huezo was full of questions too!) that have had a ton of questions. He has been eating up all of our folletos and the Book of Mormon. We were walking home from church, and he hasked us, "How long do you think it would take me to learn everything that you both know?" So he is awesome. I am so glad we decided to contact his house!

So yes, this week has been full of craziness, blessings, and stress. 

Yesterday I got to talk in church again (I think this is my third time since being here?) But I shared this scripture that I read Saturday, that I love. In Mosiah 4:11

 11 And again say unto you ahave said before, that as ye havecome to the knowledge othe glory of God, or if ye have known ofhis goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received aremission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy inyour soulseven so would that ye should remember, and alwaysretain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your ownnothingness, and his goodness and longsuffering towards you,unworthy creatures, and humble yourselveeven in the depths ofhumilitycalling on the name of the Lord daily, and standingsteadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spokenby the mouth of the angel.

I love this scripture, and I hope each one of us can remember the great joy we feel when we follow Christ, and that we can truly always remember him, calling on his name daily, and standing steadfast in the faith. 

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment