Friday, October 17, 2014

CONFERENCE!

This week was the wonderful conference!! And what an amazing blessing it was to get to watch it in air conditioning (it is still blazing hot here). We also had the amazing blessing to get four people to come to conference!! And they were four brand new people that had never come to church with us. That made things a little complicated as we were trying to explain things to them and help them understand, so some of the talks I didn't get as much out of it as I would have liked to, but that is the missionary life :) 

This week we had the amazing opportunity to share with almost everyone about general conference! We shared our testimonies of the prophet and apostels, and about how general conference is the opportunity that we have to receive personal revelation from Christ. One day for companionship study we studied a talk all about general conference. What I loved is that Elder Hales talked about how the conference is truly Christ's conference, and it is his words. I know this to be true! This week I realized that this was the last time I would be able to get people pumped for Conference as a missionary. That made me so sad. We also made cute invitationes to hand out to people with the Tegucigalpa temple. A lot of people really liked the invites. 

So I too took the challenge and had three questions to ask God before the conference. All three were answered! Truly God speaks through his servants. I know President Monson is a prophet of God and leads and guides us so that we can follow the path of Christ. I also really liked that people got to speak in their native languages. It was really great getting to hear two people speaking Spanish! 

The talks that stuck out to me (other than all of them) .... 

I loved how the sister in Saturday evening talked about the sacrament, and how it is one of the most sacred things we do. I loved how she said that the deacon reaching out his arm to hand us the Sacrament is like the Savior reaching out his arm of mercy. SO POWERFUL! I also loved how President Monson talked about Christ, and how we shouldn't just walk where Jesus walked, we should also walk HOW he walked. Elder Holland's talk also got to me, how we need to help the poor, who are poor physically and spiritually. Conference was gorgeous! And I can't wait until I get to read and re read the talks when they come out in the Liahona. 

well I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! Hope everyone has the GREATEST WEEK EVER!!!!

And for the pictures... the first one we are all getting excited for the first 10:00 session Saturday! And the one with the kids is before Sunday session. Then me and my comp! 





No comments:

Post a Comment